Software Architect / Backend Developer
Pillpresso is an electronic medication dispenser from the company Maxerence.
It is a connected device that automates medication sorting, reminding and dispensing. The aim is to deliver convenience and improve medication adherence, which has been identified by the World Health Organization as a global issue that requires attention.
Selected from close to 100 ideas, our team won the top prize of S$50,000 in seed funding at Modern Aging, a business competition organised by NUS Enterprise and Access Health that focuses on developing solutions for the elderly.
One of the judges was Dr. William Haseltine, who is well known for his pioneering work on cancer, HIV/AIDS and genomics, and has been listed by Time Magazine as one of the world's 25 most influential business people.
Our team has received endorsement from several healthcare organisations, and is in discussions with Tan Tock Seng Hospital and home nursing providers on a project collaboration.
Pillpresso has been featured multiple times in the press (e.g. Straits Times, Lianhe Zaobao), including a special mention by Senior Minister of State, Dr Amy Khor.
See articles here:
- Oversee the development and execution of the product roadmap
- Develop an e-health platform for:
- Remote control of a personal, IoT-enabled medication device
- Medication administration by multiple parties; and
- Tracking of medication compliance
- Ensure that the e-health platform meets HIPAA and other security requirements
- Collaborate with external software and hardware developers on the mobile app development and hardware-software interfacing respectively
- Liaise with customers and external stakeholders to understand their needs, prioritise product features and work on API integration (if needed)
In general, your responsibilities will cut across several domains, including:
- Front-end concerns
- Back-end infrastructure
- Technical architecture
- Dev ops Requirements
- Perform collaborative coding and Git
- AngularJS and/or Ionic framework
- JSON based RESTful APIs
- Experience with embedded systems and hardware-software interfacing databases, preferably MySQL and MongoDB
WHOM WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Driven, independent and hardworking
- Good communication skills
- Not afraid to share new ideas, or ways for improvement
- We're looking for people who will grow with our team for the long-term.
- We welcome new graduates / candidates with less experience to apply -- as long as you have the drive and intellect to work with us!
WHY JOIN US?
- Reasonable pay package with equity included
- Play a key Architect role in the software development process from end-to-end, and support the hardware from prototype to production.
- Develop a real-world solution that lies at the intersection of medicine and software to help the elderly who are struggling to manage their medications – a big problem not just in Singapore, but globally.
- The IoT device will be implemented in a pilot trial by 2017. It may also lead to a patent filing and be potentially rolled out across Singapore and Asia.
- Engage with senior, influential healthcare professionals who are well-known in geriatric medicine and pharmacy