Programme Director - Singapore
We’re the world's leading cyber security accelerator. Since early 2015 we’ve supported and funded a broad range of cyber security startups originating from across the world. Twice a year we invite eight startups to co-locate to our wonderful West London premises for our 13-week programme. The companies go through an intense curriculum tailored to scaling deep tech startups. CyLon's alumni have gone on to secure investment from some of the world's leading investors, and count FTSE 100 and other global companies amongst their clients. We’re looking for great profiles to join us both in London and Singapore in 2018.
The Programme Director is a crucial role for CyLon as we expand our business to Singapore, our first international venture. As the Programme Director of CyLon Singapore, you will lead and develop our business in the region, and have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our business.
CyLon is the world’s leading cyber security accelerator and seed investment programme. Based in London, we help entrepreneurs from across the globe to build cyber security businesses, raise investment, and develop their commercial partnerships. Our alumni are already working with FTSE 100 companies, governments and world-leading investors, and we are now one of the most active global investors in cyber security. We believe that good security will be at the heart of any business succeeding in the 21st century.
In spring 2018, CyLon is launching in Singapore, as we expand our mission to find and develop the world’s best early stage cyber security businesses. CyLon Singapore is a collaboration with Singtel Innov8, the corporate venture capital arm of Asia’s leading communications technology group, and the National University of Singapore (NUS) through its entrepreneurial arm, NUS Enterprise.
With backing from the Singaporean Singapore Cyber Security Agency (CSA) and the Info-communications Media Development Authority, (IMDA), CyLon, Singtel Innov8 and the NUS are joining forces to build ICE71, ‘Innovation Cybersecurity Ecosystem’, the region’s first cyber security start-up hub. ICE71 will support early, growth stage cyber security start-ups and entrepreneurs, with a range of programmes designed to support cyber security individuals and start-ups from idea development to the creation, acceleration and scaling of cyber security startups.
CyLon Singapore will include the core elements of CyLon’s established London programme at ICE71, including a 5-day ‘Inspire’ pre-accelerator for aspiring entrepreneurs, and a 3-month ‘Accelerate’ programme aimed at startups, both running twice per year.
We are looking for a Programme Director to lead these programmes, working closely with your counterparts from CyLon UK. You will manage the programmes from end-to-end, lead recruitment and selection of participants and support the companies during the programme as well as developing and providing support for the ensuing alumni network. You will help recruit and then manage the rest of the programme delivery team. You will also help manage the investments we make in each company.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded person to take an established brand and business model, and build on that platform to shape its development and implementation in a new region. You will benefit from the expertise and methodologies that have been developed by our UK programme team, but you will have the autonomy to shape the programme to best meet our aims and those of our partners in Singapore and the region.
Management & Leadership
- Oversee and manage CyLon Singapore’s programmes, taking responsibility for ensuring the highest quality of delivery
- Manage CyLon’s first international programme team
- Be the public face of CyLon Singapore, helping to build its profile with key audiences in the region
- Oversee CyLon Singapore’s finances
- Work closely with CyLon’s Board and executive team to shape and implement the company’s strategy in Asia
- Implement and shape the CyLon programme in Singapore, with the support of CyLon’s UK programme team
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of a startup’s relationship with CyLon Singapore, including:
- Oversee and manage the process for selecting participants, ensuring CyLon Singapore attracts the best cyber security startups in the region
- Ensure all participants gain maximum value while they are actively engaged with CyLon
- Execute an alumni engagement model which provides the best possible support for a ‘graduate’ from CyLon
- Be the key point of contact for CyLon Singapore participants, supporting their growth and success
- Maintain and manage excellent relationships with CyLon Singapore’s existing partners and supporters, across industry and government, and secure additional partnerships with organisations who can help CyLon Singapore and its startups thrive
What you’ve done
- You’ve led a team, and you are good at identifying, recruiting and line-managing talent
- Some form of entrepreneurial experience is advantageous, but not essential
- You have worked with startups and/or investors
- You have had responsibility for finances and you’ve managed significant budgets
- You have at least 5 years of commercial or public sector experience
Who you are
- You’re a self-starter with an exceptional work ethic who is comfortable being judged on results and working autonomously, and who thrives in positions of responsibility
- You have excellent communication skills
- You’re confident when speaking in public, and when managing a range of stakeholders
- You have a strong personal network among the Singapore / ASEAN startup and business community
- You enjoy being in positions of leadership, and will enjoy the responsibility of bringing the best out of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Expertise in cyber security is advantageous, but not essential
- You are a Singaporean national or have the right to live and work in Singapore
- Salary and performance related bonus of SGD 90k – 130k depending on experience
- Long-term upside potential through a share of CyLon Singapore’s investment portfolio